Major Events and Top News Headlines of 24 August 2009:
- Transformers’ beauty Megan Fox is set to show off her funny side by turning host for the popular show ‘Saturday Night Live’.
- Maoists on Monday blew up a railway track in Latehar, about an hour after the Rajdhani Express crossed the stretch, and bombed a mobile tower in neighbouring Palamu district during a 48-hour bandh called by them in five states, including Jharkhand.
- Tottenham Hotspur maintained their perfect start to the season when they came from behind to win 2-1 at West Ham United and stay top of the Premier League on Sunday.
- A U.S. official charged with enforcing U.N. sanctions on North Korea sought South Korea’s continued support during talks on Monday even as Pyongyang makes conciliatory moves after months of military grandstanding.
- Iran will continue to cooperate with the U.N. nuclear watchdog, the Foreign Ministry said on Monday, apparently confirming Tehran had given inspectors access to a reactor under construction after barring visits for a year.