Major Events and Top News Headlines of 24 February 2010:
- The first flight testing of GSLV MK-III rocket, which will put heavier satellites in space, is likely to be carried out in April, the ISRO said on Wednesday.
- His heart larger than frame, Sachin Tendulkar lifted his arms in triumph. At 36, he had become the first man to conjure a double hundred in One-Day Internationals.
- The world’s largest chip maker Intel and 24 major venture capital firms announced the launch of a $3.5-billion ‘Invest in America’ alliance to fund startup companies in the U.S. in the wake of stiff competition in areas of innovation and education from India and China.
- The CPI(M) on Wednesday alleged that Railways Minister Mamata Banerjee was going ahead with “wholesale privatisation” of the railways and privatising “cream” projects which would substantially reduce earnings and “halt” their progress.
- For the second consecutive day, a determined Opposition on Wednesday forced adjournment of Rajya Sabha till noon over the issue of price rise.