Major Events and Top News Headlines of 24 November 2010:
- =Nine arrest warrants were issued in the wake of two separate police operations targeting suspected Islamist terrorist cells in Belgium, local media reported on Wednesday.
- =A U.S. court has issued summons to senior Inter-Services Intelligence officials including its powerful chief Maj. Gen. Ahmed Shuja Pasha, along with Mumbai attack masterminds and Lashkar-e-Taiba leaders Hafiz Saeed and Zakiur Rahman Lakhvi in response to a lawsuit filed by relatives of two American victims accusing them of providing material support for the 26/11 attacks.
- = Tense situation prevailing at Kallyassery here following the outbreak of clash between Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Rashtriya Swayasevak Sang (RSS) activists further escalated with fresh attacks targeting houses and party offices late Tuesday night on November 23 and in the early hours of Wednesday.
- =A court in Hyderabad on Wednesday asked the CBI to state reasons for seeking custody of “Swami Asimanand”, an accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case, after the defence opposed its plea on the ground that the agency had already questioned him and did not specify any reasons for his further interrogation.
- = The BJP on Wednesday described the election results in Bihar as a victory of meritorious leadership over dynastic politics with a message for the future of Indian politics that membership of a family or dynasty does not count.