Major Events and Top News Headlines of 24 September 2010:
- Brazilian oil major Petrobras has mopped-up about $ 70 billion in the world’s largest share offering.
- Improving awareness among patients on their condition, earlier and better diagnosis and improving the quality of health care form a package of solutions that will help persons with dementia, Sube Banerjee.
- Richard Falk, the United Nations Rapporteur on Human Rights in the Israeli-Occupied Territories of Palestine, is sceptical whether the negotiations between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, guided by the U.S.
- A second Afghan journalist detained by NATO coalition forces for allegedly spreading Taliban propaganda has been freed after an outcry from media workers and a call from President Hamid Karzai for their quick release.
- The Council of Indian Muslims (U.K.) on Thursday protested British government’s decision to allow Hindutva activist Sadhvi Rithambara to visit Britain, arguing that her presence would affect community relations because of her role in the demolition of Babri Masjid.