Major Events and Top News Headlines of 25 August 2009:
- Amid opposition from school teachers, the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education has finally come up with a textbook on lifestyle education (read sex education) for students.
- Union Law and Justice Minister M Veerappa Moily on Monday said he would introduce a Bill in the next session of Parliament in line with the UPA government’s commitment to usher in judicial reforms and introduce transparency in the judiciary in the country.
- Anil Ambani group questioned Mukesh Ambani-led RIL’s explanation on over three-fold jump in costs to USD 8.83 billion for developing gas fields, and asked the government to expedite the CAG audit and appoint an international expert to revalidate the expenses.
- A suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorist was arrested from the New Delhi on Tuesday and explosives recovered from him, police said.
- A Palestinian Health Ministry official says an Israeli air strike on a smuggling tunnel between the Gaza Strip and Egypt has killed three Palestinians and wounded seven.