Major Events and Top News Headlines of 25 August 2010:
- The All India Democratic Women’s Association (AIDWA) has expressed concern over reports of sexual exploitation of a woman cadre at the hands of Maoist leaders.
- Scientists have reported results of a new clinical trial confirming that just two 8-ounce glasses of ordinary water, taken before meals, enables people to shed pounds.
- Baffled by the world’s longest traffic jam, the Chinese government has mobilised hundreds of policemen to clear the 100 km long stretch of the Beijing— Tibet highway, riddled with vehicles for 10 days, with the pile up almost reaching the outskirts of the capital.
- The Obama administration on Tuesday confirmed that a major bilateral initiative for shale gas exploration in India was set to make important advances over the coming months.
- The Gujarat High Court on Monday sought clarifications from the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team whether it was inclined to take up the probe into the alleged fake encounter killings of Ishrat Jahan and three others.