Major Events and Top News Headlines of 25 December 2010:
- ISRO intended to make a series of launches in 2011-2012 including a ‘Youth Satellite’ made by students of Singapore University, the space agency’s Chairman K Radhakrishnan said.
- The Indian Cricket Board was today accused of turning a blind eye towards the alleged forgery of the birth certificate of his son by Goa Cricket Association’s (GCA) former vice President, Dayanand Narvekar.
- Hardline religious parties and groups, including the LeT-linked Jamaat-ud-Dawah, have threatened countrywide protests if the controversial Pakistani blasphemy law is amended or attempt made to commute the death sentence of Christian woman Asia Bibi.
- Intensifying its attack on the UPA government over the issue of 2G spectrum and CWG scams, the BJP on Friday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to resign on moral grounds, alleging that “he too had directly or indirectly allowed these to happen”.
- A member of Boise State University’s nationally ranked football team and four others who are charged in a sexual hazing case preyed on fellow athletes and sought to recruit more victims in high school, prosecutors said on Thursday.