Major Events and Top News Headlines of 25 February 2010:
- A missile which could have been test fired by the Indian Air Force from its Suryalanka Air Force Station fell in a civilian area in the Chirala town of Prakasam district on Thursday night.
- While Pakistan on Thursday said it was “unfair, unrealistic and counter-productive” to allow the issue of terrorism to stall the process of improving relations between the two countries, India handed over three dossiers containing names of 34 terrorists wanted here, including LeT chief Hafiz Saeed, with a demand for handing them over.
- As Indo-Pak Foreign Secretaries met in Delhi for talks aimed at ending the chill in bilateral ties, Pakistan on Thursday claimed “Indian networks” were behind the terror attacks in Mumbai and on the Samjhauta Express and Indian Parliament.
- The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the Women’s Reservation Bill, 2008, that seeks to reserve 33 per cent seats for women in the Lok Sabha and State Assemblies.
- The U.S. government warned its citizens on Wednesday against travelling to a northern Mexico border state where shootouts killed 19 people the previous three days.