Major Events and Top News Headlines of 25 September 2010:
- The veteran BJP leader and the former Deputy Prime Minister, L.K. Advani, wished the Supreme Court vacated the interim stay and allowed the Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad High Court to deliver its judgment on the Ayodhya land dispute before the end of this month.
- Welcoming the government’s eight-point initiative on Jammu and Kashmir, the Communist Party of India (Marxist) on Saturday said a review of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) should be positively considered by the Unified Command in the State.
- Delhi government has requested the Army to construct a bailey bridge in place of the foot overbridge that had collapsed on Tuesday outside the main Commonwealth Games venue of Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- President Barack Obama has said that the Republicans’ plan to slash taxes and cut spending if the Republican party retakes the House of Representatives in the November mid-term elections is no more than “an echo of a disastrous decade we can’t afford to relive.
- Kerala Cabinet has deferred the notification of about 17,000 acres of forests near Munnar as reserve despite pressure from the Centre and strong recommendation by the high level committee set up by the State government.