Major Events and Top News Headlines of 26 July 2010:
- New Delhi, Jul 26 (PTI) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today rejected the BJP charge of government misusing the CBI in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case and said the Centre had not tried to influence the investigation process in any way.
- Panaji, Jul 26 (PTI) Former Goa Tourism Minister Micky Pacheco was today granted bail by a local court in connection with the Nadia Torrado death case.
- Unfazed by criticism from the Opposition and Muslim outfits, Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan on Monday stood by his remarks that radical outfit Popular Front of India was aiming at “Islamisation of Kerala”.
- The BCCI’s disciplinary committee meets in New Delhi on Tuesday to continue its probe into alleged financial irregularities by suspended IPL chief Lalit Modi, who would once again skip the proceedings.
- An Indian vessel is set to join a new international campaign named ‘The Audacity of Hope’ to press for an end to the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip, months after nine pro-Palestinian activists were killed in an attack on an aid ship bound for Gaza.