Major Events and Top News Headlines of 26 November 2010:
- = Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy is leaving for New Delhi on Saturday morning to get a sense of the Congress high command’s expectations from his government and on the composition of his Council of Ministers.
- = Contending that a fair trial was not possible in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case in view of the apprehension expressed by witnesses that they could not depose freely what with the influence of the former Minister, Amit Shah, the Central Bureau of Investigation on Thursday pleaded in the Supreme Court that the case be shifted to a Mumbai court.
- =India, which is assisting Sri Lanka in reconstruction of its war-ravaged northern region, on Friday extended more than $416 million as Line of Credit for building three railway projects in this country.
- =Prashant Bhushan, counsel for the Centre for Public Interest Litigation, submitted in the Supreme Court on Thursday that 13 applicants for 2G spectrum licence had evidently got information about the issue of the notification by the Department of Telecommunications.
- = Go green together, President Pratibha Patil told Indian and Emirati businessmen, urging them to turn their attention to agricultural cooperation as well, while inaugurating the Indian Trade and Exhibition Centre in Sharjah.