Major Events and Top News Headlines of 26 September 2010:
- Amidst reports of a snake lurking in a room in the much-maligned Games Village came the refreshing news that Australian and English swimmers were travelling to Delhi for the Commonwealth Games.
- The urban food security situation has deteriorated in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Haryana, Karnakata and Madhya Pradesh, while Punjab showed a marginal worsening till 2006.
- Dozens of Australian climate change activists stopped operations at the world’s largest coal terminal on Sunday.
- Commuters in several areas in the city had a harrowing time today as over 1,600 Blueline buses were shunted out by Delhi Government to improve the image of the city ahead of the Commonwealth Games.
- Even as things seemed to be falling in place at the much-criticised Games Village, officials looking after maintenance work at the complex today indicated “severe problems” in over 100 apartments and said it may take a couple of days to make them “liveable.”