Major Events and Top News Headlines of 27 April 2010:
- Aiming to sensitise school children on sanitation practices, the government is set to launch a scheme on Tuesday with Bollywood actor Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador.
- Rajender, 35, a worker at a shop in the Mayapuri scrap market, died at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- UIDAI chairperson Nandan Nilekani said the change of name became necessary because common people were finding it hard to name the authority’s project correctly.
- Hollywood’s superstar couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are planning a small wedding.
- Actor-politician Raj Babbar went down memory at the launch of his son Aarya’s debut Punjabi film and recalled that it was vernacular films that paved his way to Bollywood.