Major Events and Top News Headlines of 27 February 2010:
- NATO commanders in Afghanistan have begun travelling to Pakistan to share plans for military operations for the first time, a senior US official has said.
- Canada barely survived a late push in beating Slovakia 3-2 in Friday’s semi-finals in the Olympic men’s Ice hockey, setting up a Super Sunday rematch against U.S. for the gold medal.
- Gurpreet Singh and Shweta Chaudhary added a couple of more golds as Indian shooters swept the Commonwealth Championship’s final day to finish on top of the tally with a whopping 49 medals at the Karni Singh Range here.
- The U.S. has categorically told Pakistan that it would not get any atomic power plant or civilian nuclear deal on the lines of the one signed with India.
- World champion Dani Samuels of Australia has set a personal best to win the women’s discus competition at the Sydney Track Classic at Olympic Park.