Major Events and Top News Headlines of 27 November 2010:
- =South Korea’s marine commander vowed severe revenge at a funeral on Saturday for two marines killed in a North Korean bombardment, as the country prepared military manoeuvres with the U.S. that have enraged the North and concerned China.
- =Even as global recovery continues to be fragile, foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows into India stood at just $15.97 billion during the January-September period, down 26 per cent as compared to the same period last year.
- =The Janamaithri Community Policing scheme, which has been successfully implemented in many places of the State, will be implemented in Erattupetta.
- = A top Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant has revealed that the training camps for militants still operate in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and after 26/11, the camps were only shifted and not closed down.
- =An advanced communication satellite HYLAS (Highly Adaptable Satellite), built by ISRO on a commercial basis in partnership with EADS-Astrium of Europe, was successfully launched today (November 27, 2010) at 00.09 hours Indian Standard Time (IST) by the European Ariane-5 V198 launch vehicle.