Major Events and Top News Headlines of 27 September 2010:
- After having announced an eight-point formula for resolving the crisis in Kashmir, the Centre must now ensure there is no delay in implementing it, Communist Party of India (Marxist) Polit Bureau member Sitaram Yechury said on Monday.
- Even as more than 10 Maoists and three policemen were killed in an anti-Naxal operation in the Saranda forest in Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum district since Saturday, Naxalites blasted the Panchayat Bhawan, Anandpur, and a hostel here on Monday morning.
- Ahead of his talks with top U.S. officials here, Defence Minister A.K. Antony has said he would convey New Delhi’s concerns about supply of American arms to Pakistan as a portion of them is being diverted against India and seek an “early solution” to export control restrictions.
- The State unit of the CPI(M) on Sunday invited the AIADMK to join hands with the party in highlighting people’s issues.
- The employment exchange here took special efforts on Monday to enable the B.Ed graduates of Tiruchi district to register their names in the exchange without any difficulty.