Major Events and Top News Headlines of 28 June 2009:
- The exit of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad from the railway ministry seems to have put a slew of projects announced by him for Bihar in limbo.
- Bodies of three of the nine 26/11 terrorists have started decomposing at a morgue even as officials play the blame game with each other and Pakistan refuses to claim them.
- The one-day cricket series between India and the West Indies has been put under “special swine flu surveillance” in view of the H1N1 virus spread here in Jamaica.
- The Centre has asked the Left Front government in West Bengal to declare the CPI (Maoist) as an “unlawful association” under a 1908 Act as its scope is much wider than the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) enacted last year.
- Delhi Police will send teams to Maharashtra and other states to find out if Shailendra Chauhan, arrested for his “involvement” in several attacks on religious places, had any role in the 2008 Malegaon blast.