Major Events and Top News Headlines of 29 April 2010:
- The United States has started a $25 million project to reconstruct 25 kilometres of the Peshawar Southern Ring Road to strengthen security and generate greater trade opportunities.
- HDFC surged two per cent in the morning trade on the BSE on Thursday, a day after the mortgage lending major said its board will consider stock-split on May 3.
- Among the top 100 brands are HP (12), Blackberry (14), HSBC (23), BMW (25), Toyota (26), Louis Vuitton (29), ExxonMobil (39), Nokia (43), Honda (46), Pepsi (58), Sony (94) and Gucci (97).
- Veteran actor and film maker Manoj Kumar dedicated Maharashtra Government’s Raj Kapoor lifetime achievement award to martyrs of the Samyukta Maharashtra Movement.
- The announcement was made by Bhutanese Prime Minister Jigme Y Thinley on the concluding day of the two-day 16th Summit of the eight-nation bloc.