Major Events and Top News Headlines of 29 November 2010:
- = India was deliberately kept out of the Turkey-sponsored meeting on Afghanistan earlier this year to address the “sensitivities” of Pakistan, according to the documents released by WikiLeaks.
- =Nations around the world are condemning the release of confidential U.S. diplomatic cables on subjects such as Iran’s nuclear programme and U.S. efforts to spy on foreign officials.
- = Cutting across party lines, U.S. lawmakers expressed their outrage at what they called “illegal” publication of classified American documents by WikiLeaks, and asked the Obama Administration to use all legal means to shut down this whistleblower website.
- = For Syria, India’s upcoming non-permanent membership of the United Nations Security Council presents an opportunity. And the Syrian leadership lost no opportunity to underscore this.
- = The State-run Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has joined hands with the Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) to come to the rescue of the endangered sub-species of the eastern swamp deer.