Breaking news of 3 August 2014 Grab top news headlines and major events for Current Affairs GK from all around the World.
- Dipika Pallikal and Joshna Chinappa created history by winning the first-ever gold medal in women’s squash doubles. This is India’s first ever medal in the sport in the Commonwealth Games.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday arrested Syndicate Bank chairman and managing director Sudhir Kumar Jain for allegedly accepting bribes to enhance the credit limits of private companies bypassing rules.
- HDFC, the country’s largest housing finance company , is planning to launch its first English medium school under the CBSE stream in Gurgaon this week.
- A total of 14 DANIPS (Delhi and Andaman and Nicobar Islands Police Services) officers, including four women officers, have been inducted in the force after a one-year long rigorous training at police training college.
- Two BPO employees were arrested for online fraud in the capital on Wednesday . The two men, Kanak Gupta (24) and Atul Kumar (27), belong to Uttar Pradesh and were staying in Noida Sector 62.
- Dina Nath Batra is aggrieved about being called dhakiyanoosi (archaic) for wanting to reclaim the idea of akhand bharat from a millennium ago, restoring the virtues of puranic India and saving children from the onslaught of western culture. The irony appears lost on him.
- Narendra Modi will go to Nepal on Sunday, the first bilateral visit by an Indian PM in 17 years, as he takes forward his initiative to economically integrate South Asia.
- Seema Punia bagged a silver for India while defending champion Krishna Poonia finished a disappointing fifth in the women’s discus throw competition at the 20th Commonwealth Games here on Friday .
- Laishram Sarita Devi and Laishram Devendro Singh settled for a silver each after losing their respective final bouts as India collected two medals on the concluding day of boxing competitions in the 20th Commonwealth Games on Saturday.