Major Events and Top News Headlines of 30 August 2010:
- Many inimical forces were working to prevent Chennai from emerging as a top city in the country, Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi said on Monday.
- The match-fixing scandal that has rocked Pakistan cricket grew in proportion on Monday with reports emerging of more games being rigged prompting a shocked cricketing fraternity to demand life bans on guilty players.
- U.S. Airways is investigating why flames were seen coming from the engine of an airplane as it landed at Reagan National Airport outside Washington.
- CPI(M) supported by BJP and other opposition parties on Monday slammed the UPA in Rajya Sabha over Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee’s remark that he found “nothing wrong” in Mamata Banerjee’s statement on the killing of Maoist leader Azad.
- A Left Democratic Front (LDF) sub-committee which met at Munnar on Monday decided to recommend notification of 17,066 acres of land in Munnar as forest land.