Major Events and Top News Headlines of 30 December 2010:
- After mayor Shraddha Jadhav suspected sabotage behind the fire in the Dadar flower market, the Sena-ruled BMC now wants the state to initiate a CID inquiry into the matter.
- IT hardware provider HCL Infosystems Ltd said on Thursday it will buy a 20 percent stake in Dubai’s Techmart Telecom Distribution FZCO in a bid to expand in the Middle East.
- More than Rs 28,000 crore was received by several non-government organisations in the country from foreign nations between 2005 and 2008.
- South African cricketers have alleged that they spotted umpire Steve Davis drunk on the eve of India’s series-levelling Durban Test and are now mulling lodging a complaint against the Australian who controversially uled AB de Villiers out in the hosts’ second innings.
- Israel’s disgraced ex-President Moshe Katsav was today convicted of rape of a former employee and faces up to 16 years in jail over the four-year-old scandal that had shocked the country.