Major Events and Top News Headlines of 30 November 2010:
- =With the Supreme Court questioning the tenability of P J Thomas as Chief Vigilance Commissioner, the BJP today hit out at the government over his appointment and his continuance at the top post.
- = Defending U.S. diplomats after WikiLeaks’ revelations that they were spying on U.N. officials from several nations including India, a top American official today said the country’s representatives were involved in building relationships like their foreign counterparts.
- =India on Tuesday advocated Afghanistan’s closer integration with South Asia within the framework of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC).
- = Tamil Nadu government today announced that Rs. 100 crore has been set aside for disaster relief and management during the ongoing North east monsoon which has claimed as many as 116 lives.
- = The U.S. on Tuesday said it welcomes a greater global leadership role for India, two days after its Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s remark describing India as a “self-appointed frontrunner” for a permanent UNSC seat was leaked.