Sahitya academy announced the list of winner of sahitya academy award on 18 December 2013 ,This year Sahitya Academy Awards 2013 was dominated by Poet and travelogue. Below is the details of winner and their category:
- Javed Akhtar (Urdu)
- Subodh Sarkar (Bengali)
- Anil Boro (Bodo)
- Sitaram Sapolia (Dogri)
- Ambika Dutt (Rajasthani)
- Radhakant Thakur (Sanskrit),
- Arjun Charan Hembram (Santali)
- Namdev Tarachandani (Sindhi)
- C.N. Ramachandran (Kannada)
- Tukaram Rama Shet (Konkani)
- Satish Kalasekar (Marathi)
- Katyayani Vidmahe (Telugu)
- Mridula Garg for ‘Miljul Man’ (Hindi)
- Manmohan for ‘Nirvaan’ (Punjabi)
- R.N. Joe D’ Cruz for ‘Korkai’ (Tamil)
For Short stories:
- Mohi-ud-din Reshi for ‘Aina Aatas’ (Kashmiri)
- Temsula Ao for ‘Laburnum For My Head’ (English)
- Makhonmani Mongsaba (Manipuri)
- Man Bahadur Pradhan (Nepali)
- Bijoy Misra for ‘Banaprastha’ (Odia)
- Malayalam writer M N Paloor for ‘Kathayillathavante Katha’.
- Sureshwar Jha for his memoirs ‘Sangharsh Aa Sehanta’ (Maithili)
- Sahitya Akademi Awards are one of the top and most prestigious literary honors of India.
- Sahitya Akademi, India’s National Academy of Letters, distribute the prizes annually to writers of outstanding works in the 24 major Indian languages.
- Its purpose is to honour and promote excellence in Indian writing concurrently welcoming new trends.
- The Award, established in 1954, is in the form of a casket containing an engraved copper-plaque, a shawl and a cheque of 100000 rupees.
- Books, in order to be eligible for awards, must be first published during the three years immediately preceding the year of Awards.