Current Affairs April 2018: Read Important monthly current affairs and major events of April 2018 related to India (National) and World (International) for SSC, Banking PO, IBPS, Indian Railways, UPSC, RPSC, State PSC and other upcoming competitive Examinations. It covered all latest current affairs topics like Politics, Appointments, Sports and Players, Awards and Honours, Important Days, Obituaries, Reports, Business, Government Schemes, Education, Books and Authors, Economy, Science and Technology, Geography, Agreements, Conference and Entertainment.Top Appointments Current Affairs
- Dr. Hemant Biswa Sarma has been elected as the new President of the Indian Badminton Association (BAI). This decision was taken unanimously in a meeting held in Goa on April 3. Cabinet Minister Hemant Biswa is the convenor of the North Eastern Democratic Alliance (NEDA). Hemant Biswa will now hold the post for next four years.
- Controversial Prime Minister of Hungary Viktor Orban has secured a third successive term in office after his right-wing Fidesz party won by a landslide in parliamentary elections.
- According to the Indian Cellular Association's data shared with the government, India has now become the second largest mobile phone manufacturer in the world after China. Annual production of mobile phones in India has increased from 3 million units to 11 million units in 2017.
- Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling has announced on 03 April 2018 monthly pension of 1000 rupees for farmers engaged in organic farming in the state. Sikkim is the first fully organic state in the country.
- The Maharashtra government has decided to provide free chemotherapy treatment to patients admitted in district hospitals announced by state public health minister Deepak Sawant. In the first phase, the facility will be made available from June onwards at ten district hospitals. located in Pune, Jalgaon, Nashik, Satara, Nagpur, Gadchiroli, Amravati, Bhandara, Akola and Wardha.
- Famous Bollywood Actor Raj Kishore passed away at the age of 85 in Gurgaon on Thursday night. The veteran actor, who starred in movies like Sholay, Deewar, Hare Rama Hare Krishna, and Padosan among others, died following a heart attack.
- American tennis player Sloan Stephens defeated Yelena Oostenko by 7-6, 6-1 and won the women's singles title for the first time in the Miami Open tennis tournament. Stephen won six games in second set and won the Miami title for the first time.
- The 21st Commonwealth Games got underway on 4 April in the Australian city of Gold Coast. The event will feature about 4,300 athletes from 71 Commonwealth nations who will compete across 23 disciplines.
- Indian Star weightlifter Meerabai Chanu won the gold medal in the women's 48 kg category in the 21st Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast. It was India' first gold medal in the 2018 Commonwealth Games. Meerabai Chanu took the gold medal in the snatch round by lifting 80 kgs, then 84 and 86 kg in the third time.