List of 7 Continents of the World and Their Facts
A continent is one of several very large landmasses on Earth. Generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, up to seven regions are commonly regarded as continents. Ordered from largest in size to smallest, they are: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia. In geology, areas of continental crust include regions covered with water.
Do you know the name of main 7 Continent on Earth? Let see what are the name of continents and what are the length of area..
|Name of Continent||Area (km²)||Population||Popular City|
|North America||24,490,000||573,777,000||Mexico City, Mexico|
|South America||17,840,000||418,447,000||São Paulo, Brazil|
Interesting facts about the seven continents
- Has the world’s longest river which is called The Nile.
- The world’s largest desert named is Sahahra located in Rajasthan, India.
- Africa has more countries than any of the other continents.
- Almost all of the world’s gold and diamonds have come from Africa.
- Antarctica is completely covered in ice and is the only continent that is.
- Is the only continent that is uninhabited by humans. You will find scientists who live there for short periods of time while they are doing their research.
- Asia is the only continent that is joined to two others.
- China Contains the world’s biggest population.
- The highest point on Earth you can find is Mount Everest.
- Is the only continent where you can find tigers in the Wild.
- At one time Europe has ruled almost all of the rest of the world.
- Europe has been the starting point of both the World Wars.
- Is also joined to Asia but only by ice in winter (Bering Sea).
- North America is the only continent that that is completely in the Northern and Western Hemispheres.
- Has the world’s tallest mountain which is names Mount Kea.
- Contains the world’s largest fresh water lake named Lake Superior.
- Has the least countries, which are Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
- There are more sheep than people in this continent.
- Oceania is the only continent that lies entirely in the Southern and Eastern Hemispheres.
- South America has the world’s Southern most city, which is called Puentas Arenas.
- Has the world’s largest river system and possible most famous (The Amazon).