- This game was started in England in 1980s.’ International Table Tennis Association’ was established in 1926.
- The first match of the table tennis world championship was played in 1927.
- Table Tennis was introduced in the Olympic Games much later in 1988 at Seoul (S. Korea).
- Table Tennis Association of India was found in 1938.
- To discover the origins of table tennis we need to look no further than the International Table Tennis Federation’s (ITTF) Museum in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- The Curator, American born Chuck Hoey, is a world renowned authority on the history of Table Tennis and is rightly proud of the ITTF’s museum.
- The museum has pieced together all the facts about who invented table tennis … and they even have originals of the first games.
Measurements (Table Tennis) : Length of the table – 2.74 meter (9 feet), Width of the table – 1.52 meter (5 feet), Height of the table – 76 cm, weight of the ball – 2.4 to 2.53 gram, Diameter of the ball – 37.2 -38.2 mm, Color of the ball –white or yellow.
Terminologies (Table Tennis) : Foil, End line, Late control, Flat hit, Block stroke, Service, Penholder grip, Back spin, Centre line, Half court, Side spin, Swing strong, Push stroke, Rally, Let, Reverse, Top spin, Drop shot, Lob, Chopped return, counter hitting etc.