Taj Mahal Information:
The Taj Mahal Was Built in the memory of Mumtaj Begum It was constituted in the 16th century, the Meaning of the Taj Mahal is “Crown of palace”. The Taj Mahal was built by White Marble and it’s in the bank of Yamuna river in the city of Agra. It was Built by Shah Jahan (the fifth Mughal Emperor). After the death of his favorite Wife Mumtaz he took a vow to build his favorite wife tomb as a Taj Mahal. There’s a gardens bounded on three sides by a crenellated wall.
Taj Mahal History:
The Taj Mahal was constructed in view of Persian and ancient Mughal traditions. Most of the inspiration they got from Mughalaklin other buildings such as Gur-i-Amir, Humayun’s Tomb, Ishtid-ud-Dulah Tomb, and Jama Masjid. In the ancient Mughal period, the buildings were often constructed from Lal Balua stones but Shah Jahan decided to build the Taj Mahal with a white marble. Immediately after the completion of the Taj Mahal, Shahjahan was abducted by his son Aurangzeb and was detained in Agra Fort. After the death of Shah Jahan, he was buried in the equivalent of his wife. In the last 19th century, the condition of the Taj Mahal was very dilapidated.
Quick Info About Taj Mahal:
||Ustad Ahmad Lahouri, Ustad Isa
||According to official Website of Taj Mahal (https://www.tajmahal.gov.in)
- Rs. 1000 for foreigners
- Rs. 530 for Citizens of SAARC and BIMSTEC Countries
- Rs. 40 for Domestic/Indian/OCI Cardholder
- (Taj Mahal is open from 30 Minutes before sunrise and upto 30 Mintues before sunset during normal operating days)
- Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays for general viewing and is opened on Friday afternoon only for those who have to attend prayers at the Mosque inside Taj Mahal.
Important Facts of Taj Mahal
- More than 25000 People were involved to Build this Beautiful Taj Mahal which were:- Painter, Artist and Many Architect.
- 1500 Elephants were used to import goods while Building the Taj Mahal.
- Taj Mahal was built in the memory of Shahjahan’s Third Wife Mumtaz. It took about 22 years to complete.
- Taj Mahal is one of the wonders of the world and UNESCO’s World Heritage Site too in (1983).
- There were 28 expensive stones in the Taj Mahal to decorate it. Foreigners theft those all stones.
- The Total Money Spent to Build Taj Mahal Were 3 Crores. If it would build today’s it will cost approximately 63 Billion 77 Crores.
- Each year around 4 million people come Agra to see the Taj Mahal and 70 percent are Indians in them.
- Do you know Shahjahan also wanted to build Black Taj Mahal but unfortunately His Son Imprisonment him and he couldn’t full fill his wish.
- The total height of Taj Mahal is 73 Meters.
- People used to say that who were involved to build Taj Mahal. Shahjahan Had cut off their Hands but fortunately it’s not true.
- The Taj Mahal was constructed from Rajasthan, Tibet, Afghanistan and China with the best quality marble.
- Ustad Ahmad Lahouri and Ustad Isa were the architect of Taj Mahal.
- Taj Mahal is seen in a different color at different times of the day.