August 2018 Current Affairs
April 2018 Current Affairs
- Akshay Venkatesh, a renowned Indian-Australian mathematician, is one of four winners of mathematics’ prestigious Fields medal, known as the Nobel prize for math. This medal is given once in four years to the emerging mathematician of 40 years of age. Akshay Venkatesh is the second person of Indian origin to win this award. Manjul Bhargava has also won the award n 2014.
- Former West Bengal Governor Gopalakrishna Gandhi has been selected for the year 2017's Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavna Award for his contribution to promoting communal harmony and peace. He will be given this award at Jawahar Bhawan on August 20 during a special event.
- Ramon Magsaysay Award also known as Asia's Nobel Prize winners for the year 2018 have been announced. This year, 6 people have been selected with this honor, which includes two Indians. Psychiatric physician Bharat Watani and Ladakhi engineer Sonam Wangchuk have also been selected as Ramon Magsaysay Award winners of the year 2018.
- Indian football captain Sunil Chhetri has been named Player of the Year for the year 2017 by the All India Football Federation (AIFF). Sunil Chhetri is the only second player to play 100 international matches after Baichung Bhutia. Sunil Chhetri is the star striker of India and Bangalore FC.
- Chief Minister of Sikkim Pawan Kumar Chamling has been awarded with doctorate degree by ICFAI University. He is the longest serving chief minister in the Indian history.
- Renowned Indian social activist Bindeshwar Pathak has been honored with Japan's prestigious Nikkei Asia Award.
- Famous Pakistani writer Kamla Shamsi, who lives in the UK, has won International Women's Award. He got the 'Women's Prize for Fiction', 2018 for his book 'Home Fire'.
- The Swedish Academy has decided to postpone 2018 Nobel Prize in literature, now it will be provided in 2019.
April 2018 Current Affairs
- Famous Indian actor Dharmendra has been selected for the 'Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement Award' for his outstanding contributions to the cinema industry.
- 65th National Award winners were announced by National Film Development Corporation of India on 13th April, 2018 at Shastri Bhawan in New Delhi. Bengali actor Riddhi Sen selected for Best Actor and Actress Sridevi selected for Best Actress Award. Actor Vinod Khanna has been posthumously given the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2017.
- Senior journalist and television presenter Karan Thapar has been honored with the GK Reddy Memorial National Award for journalism by former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- Canadian mathematician Robert Longlands won the 2018 Abel prize. This award got him from his Representation Theory for his visionary project to connect the number theory.
- Acting Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, Geeta Mittal has become the first woman to be conferred with 'Women Power Award' from the field of law and justice.