November 2018 Current Affairs
July 2018 Current Affairs
- This year's International Press Institute India (IPI-India) award for doing outstanding work in the field of journalism, 'Namrata Biji Ahuja', senior journalist of "The Week magazine", has chosen this year. Namrata has been selected for the award for the news written on 'Naga Underground Camps'.
- Indian cinema veteran Anupam Kher has been awarded the Distinguished Fellow in the Cambridge MIT Sloan School of Management on November 04, 2018. Anupam has worked in more than 500 films.
- Agricultural Science MS Swaminathan will be honored with the first World Agricultural Award instituted by the Indian Food and Agriculture Council (ICFA).
- Writer Anna Burns received the Man Booker Prize for his novel 'Milkman'. She is the first Irish writer in Northern Ireland who has been selected for this prestigious award of English language literature.
- Mahesh Muralidhar Bhagwat has been conferred with the 2018 IACP Leadership in Human and Civil Rights' Individual Award.
- Indian hockey player Lilima Minz has been selected for the prestigious Ekalabya Puraskar 2018. Lilima Minz is from Odisha. With a quote, she will get cash prize of worth of 5 lakhs in annual Eklavya Awards ceremony. Lilima Minz represented the Indian senior team during the four-nation tournament in Argentina for the first time in 2011.
- India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been honored with the United Nations highest honor "Champions of the Earth Award 2018" for the leadership of the International Solar Coalition and the resolution to free India from a single-use plastic by 2022. This honor also has been given to five other persons and organizations.
- Mumbai's director Vasan Bala has won the 'Grolls Viewers Choice Award' at the 43rd Toronto International Film Festival, for film "Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota".
- The film, "Xhoixobote Dhemalite", focused on the sensitive issue of children's, who are growing up in the violent atmosphere, won the best screenplay award at the Florida Coast International Film Festival.
- Akshay Venkatesh, a renowned Indian-Australian mathematician, is one of four winners of mathematics’ prestigious Fields medal, known as the Nobel prize for math. This medal is given once in four years to the emerging mathematician of 40 years of age. Akshay Venkatesh is the second person of Indian origin to win this award. Manjul Bhargava has also won the award n 2014.
July 2018 Current Affairs
- Former West Bengal Governor Gopalakrishna Gandhi has been selected for the year 2017's Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavna Award for his contribution to promoting communal harmony and peace. He will be given this award at Jawahar Bhawan on August 20 during a special event.
- Ramon Magsaysay Award also known as Asia's Nobel Prize winners for the year 2018 have been announced. This year, 6 people have been selected with this honor, which includes two Indians. Psychiatric physician Bharat Watani and Ladakhi engineer Sonam Wangchuk have also been selected as Ramon Magsaysay Award winners of the year 2018.
- Indian football captain Sunil Chhetri has been named Player of the Year for the year 2017 by the All India Football Federation (AIFF). Sunil Chhetri is the only second player to play 100 international matches after Baichung Bhutia. Sunil Chhetri is the star striker of India and Bangalore FC.
- Chief Minister of Sikkim Pawan Kumar Chamling has been awarded with doctorate degree by ICFAI University. He is the longest serving chief minister in the Indian history.
- Renowned Indian social activist Bindeshwar Pathak has been honored with Japan's prestigious Nikkei Asia Award.
- Famous Pakistani writer Kamla Shamsi, who lives in the UK, has won International Women's Award. He got the 'Women's Prize for Fiction', 2018 for his book 'Home Fire'.