May 2017 Current Affairs
- M. Venkaiah Naidu, Minister for Information & Broadcasting released a set of books titled ‘Swachh Jungle ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani’ published by Publications Division.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar released a book on education, 'Deterioration in Higher Education'.
- The first volume of President of India Pranab Mukherjee’s book –?‘The Dramatic Decade: The Indira Gandhi Years’ – was launched online through Amazon (as per an agreement with Rupa Publisher the e-retailer will sell the book for three weeks before it hits the retail bookstore shelves) on his 79th birthday.
- Autobiography of Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar was officially launched in Mumbai. The cricketing legend of India gave first copy of the book to his mother. It took the maestro 3 years to complete the book. During the launch, 41 year old Sachin said that he wants everyone to know about his life and the way he lived.
- The book Non-Stop India by journalist-author Mark Tully was launched in Chennai by Editor-in-Chief of The Hindu, N Ram.
- On the occasion of the birth centenary Hari Singh, the DG Forest and Special Secretary of India, Dr. P.J. Dilip Kumar released the book titled, Hari Singh: A Life Sketch at Siri Fort Auditorium.