September 2017 Current Affairs
- The Rajkumar Rao starrer comedy film 'Newton' has been selected as India's official entry in the Best Foreign Language Film category at Oscars 2018.
- Miss North Dakota Cara Mund won the Miss America-2018 title. This beauty contest took place in New Jersey.
- Disney's live-action adaptation 'Beauty and the Beast' was named Movie of the Year at the 2017 'MTV Movie and TV Awards'.
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan topped the 2016 Forbes India Celebrity 100 List. As per the list released by the Forbes magazine on 23 December 2016, 50-year-old Salman Khan retained the top spot due to the commercial success of his two big releases - Sultan and Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo.
- The first BRICS Film Festival will kick started on 2 September 2016 at the Sirifort Auditorium Complex, New Delhi. Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore inaugurated the festival.
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan has emerged victorious at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards 2016 with the Salman Khan-starrer winning the best picture while Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s magnum opus taking home the best director gong.
- Bollywood star Ranveer Singh, who brought alive the role of Maratha warrior Peshwa Bajirao II on the silver screen through Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Bajirao Mastani”, will be fated with the ‘Maharashtrian Of The Year’. The ‘Lokmat Maharashtrian of The Year’ award and honours the individuals that have risen above the rest, who have positively impacted the state and have put Brand Maharashtra on the Indian and global radar.