April 2018 Current Affairs
December 2017 Current Affairs
- The Maharashtra government has decided to provide free chemotherapy treatment to patients admitted in district hospitals announced by state public health minister Deepak Sawant. In the first phase, the facility will be made available from June onwards at ten district hospitals. located in Pune, Jalgaon, Nashik, Satara, Nagpur, Gadchiroli, Amravati, Bhandara, Akola and Wardha.
- Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling has announced on 03 April 2018 monthly pension of 1000 rupees for farmers engaged in organic farming in the state. Sikkim is the first fully organic state in the country.
- According to the Indian Cellular Association's data shared with the government, India has now become the second largest mobile phone manufacturer in the world after China. Annual production of mobile phones in India has increased from 3 million units to 11 million units in 2017.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbanamb Sonowal has started the 'toll-free' helpline number '181-Sakhi' in the state in view of security of women on March 29, 2018. Women can use this helpline for any kind of assistance, including medical emergency, family advice etc. These helpline movies will be available from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the evening.
- The Telangana government has partnered with Nasscom to establish an excellent center for data sciences and artificial intelligence.
- As a step towards women's empowerment, the North Western Railway has made the Gandhinagar station of Jaipur division a fully female station. This station has become the first station in the country where women employees have been deployed on every single post. Gandhinagar railway station is now the second and the first All-Woman railway station in the country.
- Jammu and Kashmir's Social Welfare Minister Sajjad Gani Lon has launched a women helpline service WHS (181) here to provide 24-hour continuous support to the women affected by violence.
- Usha Anantasubramanian became the first woman president of the Indian Bank Association (IBA). Currently he is the MD & CEO of Allahabad Bank.
- Allahabad Bank became India's first public bank to present employee stock option scheme (ISOP). Under this, he will issue five million general shares to his employees.
- India's current finance minister Arun Jaitley has launched the country's first agricultural commodity option in Delhi on the occasion of Makar Sankranti (January 14). This is a unique initiative which will prove beneficial for the farmers.
December 2017 Current Affairs
- Under the chairmanship of Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, the Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of National Nutrition Mission (NNM) starting from 2017-18 with a three year budget of Rs 9046.17 crore.
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed the world's highest motorable road in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, passing through Umlingla Top at a height of over 19,300 feet.