November 2018 Current Affairs
July 2018 Current Affairs
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a scheme to give micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) loans up to 1 crore in 59 minutes on 2nd November 2018. On this occasion, Prime Minister Modi also made 12 important announcements for the MSME sector.
- Kerala has become India's first state with 100 percent LPG in public sector oil companies.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of a project worth Rs 13,000 crore for the revitalization of Talcher fertilizer plant in Odisha on September 22. For the first time in this plant, coal will be converted into gas and used as raw cotton and neem-coated urea will be produced. This will help in the reduction of imports of natural gas and urea and make India self-reliant in this fertilizer case.
- Union Railway Minister Shri Piyush Goyal inaugurated the country's first India Tourism Mart (ITM) at Ashok Hotel on 17 September, 2018. The India Tourism Mart (ITM) was organized from 16th September 2018 to 18th September 2018.
- The country's first National Rail and Transport University, built in Vadodara of Gujarat, has started working. On September 5, 2018, on the occasion of Teachers Day, India's first railway university was started in Vadodara in Gujarat.
- The country's first interstate wind energy transmission system has started in Bhuj. The capacity of this project is 126 MW.
- NDA candidate Harivansh Narayan Singh has won the Rajya Sabha's Deputy Speaker's election. He defeated Congress candidate BK Hariprasad, who was elected on August 09. During the second voting process, Harivans got 125 votes while UPA candidate BK Hariprasad got 105 votes. 2 members remained absent from voting.
- The Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve, one of the highest ecosystems in the world, has been added to UNESCO's list of World Network of Biosphere Reserve (WNBR). The Khangchendzonga reserve will be the 11th internationally designated WNBR.
July 2018 Current Affairs
- India has been made Vice President of the Asia Pacific region of the World Customs Organization (WCO) for a period of two years. The WCO has divided its membership into 6 zones. Each of the six areas is represented by the regional elected vice-president in the WCO Council. WCO represents 182 customs administrators worldwide, which collectively process around 98 percent of world trade.
- According to the figures released by the World Bank in the year 2017, India has become the sixth largest economy in the world while France reached the seventh place.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and South Korean President Moon-Jay-In inaugurated the new Samsung Company's Plant on July 09, 2018 in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Started by the legendary mobile company Samsung, it is the world's largest phone factory. Located in Sector 81, Noida, the land of Samsung Electronics extends over 35 acres.
- Tamil Nadu's 19-year-old BA student Anukreethy Vas won the 'Femina Miss India 2018' title. Femina Miss India 2018 beauty pageant held in Mumbai on June 19, she defeated 29 participants crowning Miss India. Meenakshi Chaudhary of Haryana was the first runner-up and Andhra Pradesh's Shreya Rao was the 2nd runner-up.
- The Tamil Nadu government has announced the ban on the use of plastic items, including the polyethylene bag which is not biologically destroyed from January 2019 on the occasion of World Environment Day on 05 June 2018. The state government has taken this step to give the gift of plastic free state for the future.