February 2018 Current Affairs
October 2017 Current Affairs
- Bollywood's famous actress Sridevi died on February 24, 2018 due to a heart attack in Dubai. Sridevi was 54 years old. Sridevi went to Dubai along with her husband Bonnie Kapoor and younger daughter Khushi Kapoor to attend a family wedding in Dubai. Sridevi, famously known as Bollywood's 'Chandni', made her debut with the film 'Solvan Sawan' in 1978.
- France's Jazz violinist Didier Lockwood died due to a heart attack on February 18, 2018 in Paris, France. Didier Lockwood was 62 years old. At the age of 17, he joined Magmah a famous French rock band.
- Famous thinker, author and journalist Muzaffar Hussein died on 13 February 2018 after a prolonged illness. He was 78 years old. He was awarded the Padmashree in 2002. Muzaffar Hussein was born on March 20, 1940 in Madhya Pradesh.
- Famous Hindi film cinematographer W. B. Rao died. He was famous for his films like 'Hum', 'Khuda Gawaah', 'Dhadkan', 'Rangila', 'Judwaa', 'Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega'.
- Pakistan Air Force's first Pakistani Commander-in-Chief, Air Marshal and senior politician Asghar Khan passed away on 05 January 2018 due to a heart attack. He was 96 years old. Asghar Khan became Pakistan's first Air Chief at the age of 35 Asghar Khan was a pilot of fighter aircraft during World War II era.
- Radha Viswanathan, the famous classical music singer of India, passed away on January 02, 2018 at the age of 83. She was the daughter of late M.S. Subbulakshmi, honored with Bharat Ratna.
- Famous writer, Director and Actor Neeraj Vora, known for his films like Satya, Phir Hera Pheri and Race, has passed away on December 14, 2017. He breathed his last at Criti Care Hospital in Mumbai. He was in coma for several months.
- Dinesh Chandra Nath, former Director of Intelligence Bureau (IB) died on December 10, 2017. He was walking ill for some time. He was appointed Special Director of IB in 1995. After retired from the IB in 1997 he was also working as the Executive President and Director General of the International Institute of Safety Management.
- France's biggest rockstar Johnny Hallyday has passed away. He was 74 years old.
- Senior Communist Party of India (CPI) leader and former Kerala Minister E. Chandrasekharan Nair passed away. He was 88.
- TV director and actor Peter Baldwin died. He was 86.
- Veteran Hindi poet and Jnanpith award winner, Kunwar Narain died. He was 90.
October 2017 Current Affairs
- Eminent classical singer and Padma Vibhushan awardee Girija Devi died. She was 88.
- Famous Malayalam film director I V Sasi died. He was 67.
- Veteran historian of medieval India and noted educational administrator, Satish Chandra passed away. He was 95.
- Dr KS Chugh, who was known as the 'Father of nephrology in India', passed away. He was 85.
- The oldest person in the world, Violet Mosse-Brown, has passed away recently. She was 117.