August 2018 Current Affairs
April 2018 Current Affairs
- Neeraj Chopra, the first-ever Indian to win gold in javelin throw at Commonwealth Games, has been chosen as India's flag-bearer at the opening ceremony of the Asian Games 2018 which started in Jakarta (Indonesia) on 18th August 2018.
- Netherlands were crowned Women's Hockey World Cup winners for a record eighth time as a crushing 6-0 victory ended Ireland's fairytale tournament. Four goals in a seven-minute spell around the half-time break earned the Dutch an emphatic victory.
- Indian Veteran Golf Player Gaganjeet Bhullar won his maiden European Tour title with a brilliant chip-in eagle on the 17th hole for a one-stroke win over a charging Anthony Quayle of Australia at the Fiji International on 05 August 2018. He is now becomes the most successful Indian player on Asian Tour, overtaking the tally of eight tour wins by Arjun Atwal and Jyoti Randhawa. - पूरा पढ़ें...
- Serbia's 17 year old tennis player Olga Danilovic clinched her first WTA title on 29 July 2018 with a 7-5, 6-7 (1/7), 6-4 win over Russia's Anastasia Potapova in the Moscow final.
- The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has chosen Kenya to host the 2020 World Under 20 championships. Last year IAF World Under-18 Championship was held in Nairobi.
- Young Indian badminton player Goal Sen has won gold medal in the Asia Junior Badminton Championship in Jakarta, Indonesia. The goal also reached the finals by winning the junior world champion Thailand's Kunalawat Vitidasaran 21-19, 21-18 in straight games to become the third Indian player to win this title.
- India clinched Kabaddi Masters title defeating Iran by 44-26 in the final played in Dubai on 30th June. Captain Ajay Thakur (9 points) was the top scorer while Monu Gayat raised 9 points. India beat Iran twice with a big margin by winning all the time.
- ICC Women's World T20 World Cup 2018 will be held in the West Indies. The World Cup will be played in West Indies between November 9 to 24. The Indian team will start its campaign against New Zealand.
- India's star archer Deepika Kumari has won the gold medal in women's recurve event in the third round of World Cup Archery. Deepika defeated Germany's Michelle Cropen by 7-3.
- Top Indian flag throw (Discuss throw) Athlete Vikas Gowda retired on May 29, 2018 after playing more than 15 years. He became the first and only Indian male athlete to win silver in the 2010 Commonwealth Games and gold medal in the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games. He participated in the 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 Olympics.
- Chennai Super Kings defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad by 8 wickets to win the IPL 2018 title on May 27, 2018. This is the third title of Chennai Super Kings.
- China won the Thomas Cup for the 10th time On May 27 2018 as Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen saved two match points to beat Japan’s scratch pair Keigo Sonoda/Yuta Watanabe 17-21, 21-19, 22-20 in a deciding second men’s doubles match. China last won the Thomas Cup title in 2012.
April 2018 Current Affairs
- BCCI has nominated Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan and Indian women's opener Smriti Mandana for the Arjuna Award. Along with that BCCI alos nominated former Indian captain Rahul Dravid for the prestigious Dronacharya award.
- Indian Squash player Velavan Senthilkumar has won his first PSA World Tour title defeating Tristan Eyrele of South Africa in the finals of the Madison Open in the US.
- The 2018 Commonwealth Games has become India’s third most successful CWG of all time, with a 200-plus contingent delivering 66 medals to outdo the 64 from Glasgow four years ago and finish behind the 101 from Delhi in 2010 and 69 from the 2002 Melbourne Games. India finished with 26 golds, 20 silvers and 20 bronze medals at Gold Coast, thus settling at third position with a total of 66 medals on the table behind Australia (198) and England (136).
- In the ISSF Junior World Cup held in Australia, India has won 22 medals. India won 22 medals with 9 gold and finished the campaign with the second place. At the same time, China was in the first place. He has 25 medals including 9 gold in his account.
- Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan has become the fastest bowler to take 100 ODI wickets. In the ICC ODI bowling rankings, top-seeded Rashid Khan broke the record of Australian fast bowler Mitchell Starc, who made this record in 52 matches. Rashid Khan made this feat against the West Indies in the final of the ICC World Cup Qualifier.
- Argentine tennis player Juan Martin del Potro has won the title of the Indian Wells Masters Tennis Tournament 2018 by defeating Roger Federer. Juan Martin del Potro beat Roger Federer 6-4, 6-7 (8/10), 7-6 (7/2) in the finals of the Indian Wells Masters Tennis Tournament, played on March 19, 2018.