November 2018 Current Affairs
July 2018 Current Affairs
- Russia's tennis player Karen Khachanov won the title of Paris Masters Tennis Tournament by defeating Novak Djokovic of Serbia, on November 5, 2018
- Five times world champion and Olympic medalist Indian woman boxer MC Mary Kom has been named as Brand Ambassador for the 10th edition of Women's World Championship in New Delhi.
- Indian golfer Khalin Joshi won his first title of Asian Tour by winning the Panasonic Open India.
- Kenya's runner Abraham Kiptum secured first place in the Half Marathon, held in Valencia, Spain on October 28, 2018, from 58 minutes and 18 seconds.
- Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman to complete 10000 ODI runs. Kohli is the fifth Indian to score 10,000 runs and 13th player of the world.
- Former Indian captain Sardar Singh announced his retirement from international hockey on Wednesday. He made his debut in 2006 against Pakistan in the senior team for the country. 32-year-old Sardar Singh played 350 international matches for India and captained the national team for 8 years from 2008 to 2016.
- The Indian cricket team defeated Bangladesh by three wickets on September 29 and won the Asia Cup title for the seventh time. India achieved the target of 223 runs won by three wickets and won Asia Cup title for the second consecutive time.
- On 25th September 2018, the Indian President Ramnath Kovind awarded the Indian Cricket Team Captain Virat Kohli and World Champion Weightlifter Mirabai Chanu with the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award. he also awarded 20 players for their best performance in game's.
- Japan defeated Spain 3-1 in the final and won the title of the women's Under-20 World Cup. Japan won the tournament for the first time. Prior to that, he was in third place in 2012 and 2016.
- Swapna Barman of India created a new history by winning gold medal in the heptathlon of the 18th Asian Games on 29 August 2018. She has become the first Indian woman to win gold medal in Asian Games.
- The famous Indian badminton player and Olympic bronze medalist Saina Nehwal won the Bronze Medal in the Badminton at the 2018 Asian Games. She is the first Indian woman to win a medal in this tournament.
July 2018 Current Affairs
- Serbia's 17 year old tennis player Olga Danilovic clinched her first WTA title on 29 July 2018 with a 7-5, 6-7 (1/7), 6-4 win over Russia's Anastasia Potapova in the Moscow final.
- The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has chosen Kenya to host the 2020 World Under 20 championships. Last year IAF World Under-18 Championship was held in Nairobi.
- Young Indian badminton player Goal Sen has won gold medal in the Asia Junior Badminton Championship in Jakarta, Indonesia. The goal also reached the finals by winning the junior world champion Thailand's Kunalawat Vitidasaran 21-19, 21-18 in straight games to become the third Indian player to win this title.
- India clinched Kabaddi Masters title defeating Iran by 44-26 in the final played in Dubai on 30th June. Captain Ajay Thakur (9 points) was the top scorer while Monu Gayat raised 9 points. India beat Iran twice with a big margin by winning all the time.
- ICC Women's World T20 World Cup 2018 will be held in the West Indies. The World Cup will be played in West Indies between November 9 to 24. The Indian team will start its campaign against New Zealand.
- India's star archer Deepika Kumari has won the gold medal in women's recurve event in the third round of World Cup Archery. Deepika defeated Germany's Michelle Cropen by 7-3.