Hockey World Cup Winners List
The Hockey World Cup is an International field Hockey tournament run by the International Hockey Federation (FIH). The hockey World Cup tournament was started in 1971. The first two competitions were held at intervals of 2 years, but after sometime this intervals was reduced to 4 years. After the 1975 this tournament is organized after every four years. In the Hockey World Cup 2014, the Netherlands won the title by defeating Australia 6-1. The upcoming World Cup 2018 will be held in India.
Important facts about hockey:
- India won hockey’s first gold medal in the year 1928 E. Olympic Games.
- India had won only one World Cup in 1975.
- Major Dhyan Chand, the Indian hockey player, is called the “magician of hockey”.
- India last won the Hockey gold medal in the Olympic Games in Moscow in 1980.
- Pakistan is the world’s first country, which have the record of the most goals in any world cup. He scored 38 goals in the 1982 World Cup in Mumbai.
- Most times the World Cup has won by Pakistan (four times).
- Australia have won 51 matches in the World Cup, which is a world record.
- In the Hockey World Cup, Only 24 country has participated in which Germany, India, Netherlands and Spain have participated in each World Cup.
List of Hockey World Cup winners, organizing year and host country
|2014||The Hague, Netherlands||Australia|
|2010||New Delhi, India||Australia|
|2002||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||Germany|
|1978||Buenos Aires, Argentina||Pakistan|
|1975||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||India|