Current Affairs November 2018: Read Important monthly current affairs and major events of November 2018 related to India (National) and World (International) for SSC, Banking PO, IBPS, Indian Railways, UPSC, RPSC, State PSC and other upcoming competitive Examinations. It covered all latest current affairs topics like Politics, Appointments, Sports and Players, Awards and Honours, Important Days, Obituaries, Reports, Business, Government Schemes, Education, Books and Authors, Economy, Science and Technology, Geography, Agreements, Conference and Entertainment.Top Appointments Current Affairs
- IPS officer Surjit Singh Deswal has been appointed as the new Director General of the Indian Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) on October 31, 2018. Surjit Singh Deswal is the IPS officer of the 1984 batch. He will replace the R.K. Pachnanda.
- Lieutenant General P.S. Rajeshwar took charge as the 12th Chief of Integrated Defense Staff of the Chairman of the Chief of Staff Committee (COSC) in New Delhi on 01 November 2018.
- Former IAS officer Ashok Kumar Gupta has been appointed as chairperson of the Indian Competitiveness Commission (CCI) on 09th November 2018.
- Indian cinema veteran Anupam Kher has been awarded the Distinguished Fellow in the Cambridge MIT Sloan School of Management on November 04, 2018. Anupam has worked in more than 500 films.
- This year's International Press Institute India (IPI-India) award for doing outstanding work in the field of journalism, 'Namrata Biji Ahuja', senior journalist of "The Week magazine", has chosen this year. Namrata has been selected for the award for the news written on 'Naga Underground Camps'.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a scheme to give micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) loans up to 1 crore in 59 minutes on 2nd November 2018. On this occasion, Prime Minister Modi also made 12 important announcements for the MSME sector.
- India's oldest villain performer "Poongani" passed away on 2nd November 2018, in Kottamam village of Kanyakumari district of Tamil Nadu state. She was 84 years old.
- Senior sports journalist Roshan Sethi died at the age of 84 on November 10. He had been struggling with throat cancer for a long time. Sethi was active in sports journalism for more than five decades.
- Union Minister Ananth Kumar died on 12 November 2018 at the age of 59 in a Bangalore hospital. He had been suffering from cancer for a long time and he was undergoing treatment.
Top Reports Current Affairs
- According to a report by Canalis Research, India has been the second largest smartphone market in the world, leaving behind the US in the July to September quarter this year.
- Five times world champion and Olympic medalist Indian woman boxer MC Mary Kom has been named as Brand Ambassador for the 10th edition of Women's World Championship in New Delhi.
- Russia's tennis player Karen Khachanov won the title of Paris Masters Tennis Tournament by defeating Novak Djokovic of Serbia, on November 5, 2018